Explore this Article methods
1 Packing for Your Trip
2 Doing Other Important “Pre-Visit” Tasks
3 Being Respectful of Others Other Sections
Tips and Warnings
Last Updated: January 22, 2021 References
wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time.
There are 7 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.
This article has been viewed 1,777 times.
Cedar Point is an amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio, that is known for its roller coasters. It has the 2nd largest amount of roller coasters in a single amusement park, falling short to Six Flags Magic Mountain. X Research source It’s a popular vacation destination, and many people do make day trips there. However, you want to stay for more than one day. Are you unsure as for how to make the most of your extended trip? Thankfully, this article can help.
Method 1 of 3: Packing for Your Trip
- 1 Pack 2 pairs of light, comfortable clothes for every day you are going to be at the park. This includes your day of arrival and your day of departure. Pack clothing based on the weather forecast for Sandusky, Ohio. If you live in a place other than the Midwest, near Ohio, you may imagine blissfully that Cedar Point has cool, 60-degree weather all season long. Don’t make that mistake. Temperatures recorded near Cedar Point have reached 90 °F (32.2 °C) and above multiple times.
- An example of a good Cedar Point outfit is a pair of cargo shorts (to carry stuff) X Research source , a loose T-shirt, no-show socks, and tennis shoes.
- Many people make the mistake of bringing only one outfit for every day they spend at Cedar Point. Skip this common amateur mistake. If you accidentally spill ice cream on yourself or get your clothes soaking wet on Snake River Falls (beyond what the family dryers can resolve), you’re going to want that second outfit.
- However, in the unlikely event that the Cedar Point forecast showcases the luxurious 60-degree weather described above (this usually happens during the fall season, HalloWeekends), bringing a light sweater or jacket will save you a lot of time and money at the gift shop during the day.
- 2 Bring a swimsuit if you will have the opportunity to go to Cedar Point Shores or the beach. If you came many years ago and went to Soak City, the park’s waterpark, it has been updated into the new and improved Cedar Point Shores. If you think you will have the opportunity to go for a swim (or a ride on one of the waterslides), bring your swimsuit. Even if you don’t end up going in the water, that’s much better than being able to go swimming and not having proper swimwear.
- 3 Bring toiletries like dental products, but leave other things like shampoo and towels at home. Cedar Point’s on-site beachfront resort, Hotel Breakers, which is the most popular (and in most people’s opinions, the most luxurious) hotel to book during your stay, includes things such as shampoo and towels.  X Research source So, you’re better off leaving those things at home. However, you will obviously still need things like dental products, lotion, and antiperspirant.
- If you are a woman and you know that your trip is during that time of month, don’t forget feminine hygiene products like pads and tampons. Public bathrooms throughout the park may have product dispensers, but don’t count on it. Come prepared, and enjoy your trip more.
- 4 Avoid bringing much else other than your clothing. With everything Cedar Point has to offer, it’s unlikely that you will be spending much idle time in your hotel room, with the exception of early mornings and late nights. As such, don’t bring any activity sets or games of any sort, unless they were for a car ride or plane ride.
- 5 Make sure that everything you will carry around with you throughout your day is portable. You will most likely need only your phone, your credit card, your ID, and a charger throughout your day.
- Above all things, avoid bringing a bag with you as you traverse the park. Cedar Point is taking out ride bins to increase locker rental sales. X Research source Carry things in cargo shorts, as stated in earlier steps.
- 6 Avoid bringing food with you in the park. Unless someone you are traveling with has special dietary needs, Cedar Point is extremely strict about their no-food policy. So, think twice before packing that extra bag of chips. It’s definitely not needed.
- However, there is one food item that Cedar Point does allow: unopened plastic water bottles. You can save on potentially overpriced drinks with this exception.
- In addition to “no outside food,” you also cannot take alcoholic drinks purchased in the park home with you. So, think twice before bringing home that amazing cocktail you wanted to give to your friend.
- There are picnic shelters throughout the park, but they are on a “first-come, first-served” basis. Visiting them just to eat your ham sandwich will likely take away a lot of valuable time that could be spent riding Valravn.
Method 2 of 3: Doing Other Important “Pre-Visit” Tasks
- 1 Plan your travel. It wouldn’t make sense to fly directly to Cedar Point except if you live outside of the continent of North America. The best way to travel to the park is to take a car. Make sure you decide who will be driving the day before your visit, so you can avoid any long disputes that delay your travel.
- You could also use public transportation like Amtrak or RTA, but this usually only applies if you live in Ohio or just outside of it.
- 2 Order tickets before you get there so you can skip long lines. If you have been to Cedar Point before, you may have seen (or even been in) the dreaded ticket lines that stretch from the kiosks to the welcome sign. Avoid those lines by buying tickets online ahead of time.
- If it’s the beginning of the season when you are preparing for your visit, consider investing in a Season Pass or Platinum Pass. The lines for photos for your season pass aren’t usually desirable, but it will save you a lot of time and money, especially if you want to come back more than once in a single season.
- 3 Avoid staying up late the night before you plan to leave for the park. Cedar Point’s summer hours are usually 10am to 10pm  X Research source , and if you have Platinum Pass, you are able to go to a handful of rides one hour earlier than the general public. Even if you are celebrating a special occasion the night before your trip, going to bed at around 9:30 is helpful, but even earlier if you need to wake up early to get to Cedar Point. Advertisement
Method 3 of 3: Being Respectful of Others
- 1 Understand that some of your friends may be less (or more) roller-coaster crazy than you are. Respect everybody’s limits, and ask that they respect yours. No one wants to be forced onto a ride that makes them sick or uncomfortable.  X Research source
- 2 Be prepared to make some sacrifices if you have kids in your group. You may not get to ride Top Thrill Dragster if your four-year old is begging to go on Snoopy Bounce. Respect the limits of kids. If possible, travel with more than one adult so that one of you can take them on smaller rides while the other rides more thrilling coasters.
- 3 Refrain from line jumping. Line jumping will get you kicked out of the park faster than you can say “Valravn.” Don’t do it. It’s disrespectful, and it’s breaking the rules.
- Cedar Point’s official policy states, “Line jumping is: Saving a spot for someone, cutting in front of other waiting guests, or leaving the line and attempting to re-enter at the same spot.”
Add New Question
Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- While you are waiting in line, play card games and electronic games with your group.  X Research source It makes waiting in line more fun, and it passes the time! Thanks! Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- If you are hungry for something sweet, get an elephant ear. It’s big enough for at least 2 people to share, and it’s a nice sweet treat that everyone can partake in. Thanks! Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- If the frozen yogurt shops are open, try to buy some if you can. Many people would say that it is delicious. Thanks! Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- If you stay overnight, stay at Hotel Breakers, the on-site beachfront resort, since it will be easier to access the park early and there are many amenities included for guests. Thanks! Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
Submit a Tip All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published
Submit Thanks for submitting a tip for review! Advertisement